Saturday, 30 May 2015
Thursday, 28 May 2015
A fine imperial famille rose vase with four sided windows depicting various types of birds with gold and red flower brocade and animals in background for sale
Tuesday, 26 May 2015
Friday, 22 May 2015
Wednesday, 20 May 2015
The link to the video below highlights:
has been supplying porcelain to Chinese emperors for more than 500 years. Jingdezhen
2. How descendents of porcelain specialists continue the tradition in modern
3. How miners use explosives to extract the chinastone.
4. The painstaking process of making porcelain.
5. How porcelain pieces are decorated.
6. The difference between traditional and modern kilns.
7. Why drawings of 5-clawed dragons are favoured by emperors.
8. How imperial porcelain was transported to
9. How porcelain production in
still maintains many of the procedures and skills that were developed under imperial