Translate

Sunday 19 September 2021

Ceramics and Decorative Arts Estimated at $3.35millioon Gifted to UMMA! (Ceramics)

 

I've been studying and collecting Chinese art and ceramics since the early 1980s. The craftsmanship and history of the works has fascinated me my entire life. My goal in gifting this collection to the University of Michigan is both to preserve it for generations to come, but also to help foster that same love and passion for the exploration of technique and history that I've developed over the years. I hope students embrace this love. I hope the community comes out to see it as well.
- William Weese 


https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-05-02/UM-Museum-of-Art-receives-5-million-Chinese-ceramics-gift-ZVIs0lKwVi/index.html?fbclid=IwAR3Pscx9OUGglN49q03fpA19N0mFnQhGVWtF4hchK2ND_Cxc-UOjm0zFJjI

No comments:

Post a Comment