Below is a link to a video featuring Sotherby’s Masterpieces of Qing Imperial Porcelain from Chinese collector, J.T. Tai which were to be auctioned off in New York in March 2011.
1. how J.T Tai accumulated a vast knowledge for antiques and eventually opened a shop in
in 1930. Shanghai
2. how he relocated (his business) to
in 1949. New York
3. a magnificent yellow-ground famille rose double gourd vase (Qianlong mark and period) estimated between HK$ 30-50million.
4. two fine and exquisite famille rose floral medallion bottle vase enameled in the palace workshops (blue enamel mark and period of Qianlong) estimated between HK$ 60-80million and HK$ 8-12million respectively.
5. a fine and rare Robin’s egg-ground gilt-decorated archaistic vase (seal mark and period of Qianlong) estimated between HK$18-25million.
Cheers and hope you enjoy the short video!